As an entrepreneur creating a new product or service, there are many obstacles you must be prepared to overcome along the way. When developing iQagent, we discovered different challenges but also learned how to best create something we knew would work. There is certainly no perfect way to create a new product, but, there are a few ways to do it right in order to make an impact in the industry you work in.
- Understand a problem and solve it. That sounds easy enough, right? Sometimes, the problem can be right in front of you. If you are able to identify a problem and solve that problem in a practical way, people will have a need to use your product. What is it that makes your product different? How can it make a true impact? Ask yourself the necessary questions to make sure you’re creating something worth buying.
- Pay attention to details. No matter what industry you work in, the little details are what matter most. Especially in the tech industry, a small change could mean a big difference in how your product works.
- Welcome challenges. Designing a new product requires different approaches, and while some may be time consuming, it’s sometimes unavoidable if you want a successful product launch. Some aspects of your product may not work well in certain situations, maybe it requires too much material, or maybe you find out customers would rather it work a different way. Being able to adapt to these challenges and welcoming customer feedback will only make for a better solution.
- Understand how to deliver. Knowing what your customer wants is more of a method than it seems. Testing your product in real situations with real people is the only way to guarantee a successful launch. This is critical to catching small irritations that could hinder the working process.
- Make it as simple as possible. Sure, your product needs to offer something enticing and have an appealing brand. Make sure you don’t get wrapped up in the glitz that can become more of a distraction than anything else. Having that extra vision is good, but don’t let it get in the way of keeping your product simple and ultimately effective.
It is important to remember all of these tips when creating or designing something new. However, it is particularly important to remember the process is exactly that; a process. Good entrepreneurs understand trial and error but great ones figure out how to get through it quickly. If the passion is there, nothing can stop you from accomplishing success.
Bob Meads, CEO of iQagent